Friday, November 11, 2005

My third post for today. It's funny how I always update my blog when I'm don't feel like updating at all. Probably because I don't feel like updating when I have a lot of time on my hands. And I have a lot of time on my hands now. Nothing to do. Except study. And I'm not in the mood for that.

I'm trying to match my songs with my moods. Now, since I'm rambling, I'm listening to Ramble On - Led Zeppelin. It's inspired by the Lord of the Rings. Apparently Robert Plant is a huge fan of Tolkien's works. Who isn't? There's a line in the song that goes something like "in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair, but Gollum the evil one crept up and slipped away with her". And another one that goes "Sauron thought himself a fool when he was made Principal of Bishop Cotton Boys' School". And another "I tried to slip a knife through his head but found to my dismay it was made of lead."

I'm now a confirmed fan of Radiohead. Many of their songs are inspired by Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I shall read sometime. Paranoid Android - very nice song. So also Karma Police, Fake Plastic Trees and No Surprises.

I'm thinking of writing a song. Need a book for inspiration. Any suggestions?? Someone said Eton of the East. Hmm..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home